Saturday, February 6, 2010

Why do my Sega Genesis controllers only work in the 2nd controller port?

I've had my Sega Genesis for about 12 years and it still works but for some reason my controllers stopped working only when they were in the 1st controller port.Now they only work in the 2nd controller port.Can someone please tell me how to fix this?Why do my Sega Genesis controllers only work in the 2nd controller port?
Remember friend, the first SEGA genesis consoles were mass produced in 1989. Thats 20 years ago dude, and those consoles were known to be relatively unreliable anyways.





I'm sure there was a simple circuit malfunction in the 1st port due to excessive playtime.


(Bear in mind, excessive game time for the SEGA was about 1-2 hours.)


You can always buy a new controller for like ten dollars on eBay and test new methods to fix the port.





Personally if I were you, i'd save the Genesis for about another fifty years, when it's price should theoretically skyrocket, due to the advancements in gaming so far.


Make sure you regularly dust the thing and perform simple maintenance annually.


Leaving it on top a shelf or a corner will nullify my suggestion.


Good luck!Why do my Sega Genesis controllers only work in the 2nd controller port?
The older the console, the better odds there are that hardware will malfunction. More than likely since the second jack still works is there is a connectivity issue. It's hard to say without seeing it. I'd recommend taking it apart and trying to fix it yourself (might just take some soldering) or taking it to a game store that offers console repairs and have them look at it.
  • loreal hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment