Monday, February 8, 2010

What is the requirements to be a Air Traffic Controller.?

Hi,


I am obsessed with airplanes and I would really like to do something at an airport like Vancouver International or some other busy airport.





I would just want to know the requirements for being an Air Traffic Controller, I'm not saying that I will be, but I'm just wanting to know these kind of stuff.





So please answer this.





Thank you.What is the requirements to be a Air Traffic Controller.?
In the U.S. there are requirements; my pilot experience, which


includes the instrument rating, helped me to start at a higher


level. You must meet the basic requirements which you can


find at the websites mentioned above; if you meet them you


make application and must pass a preliminary written test.


If you pass it you are put on the list of eligible candidates and


you must also pass a physical exam. When you are called to


begin duty at a facility, you will undergo very difficult training


both at the facility and the FAA Academy in Oklahoma City.


Once you pass the training, you will receive on-the-job (OJT)


training at your home facility, along with step upgrades till


you achieve the full performance level (FPL) certification.


The training is tough, I won't lie to you; but once you make


the grade, the job security %26amp; satisfaction can be very good.


Good luck!! Keep them flying!What is the requirements to be a Air Traffic Controller.?
Are there any requirements?





Okay, its a joke... I know there are requirements.





Check out this link:





http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/head鈥?/a>
Go to the FAA website and there you will find the necessary qualification guidelines to becoming an ATC controller





http://www.faa.gov
Obviously the FAA does not regulate anything in CANADA!!


Currently NavCanada is actively recruiting ATC personnel.


all of you questions should be answered on the following site:


http://www.navcanada.ca/NavCanada.asp?La鈥?/a>





Good luck, Air Traffic Control is an admirable profession!
Cherokee is right. Go to NavCanada as a Canadian. Some people don't read the whole question before answering. I hear you go through a pretty intense academy there. I read a Canadian ATCers blog through training once. As I understand the better you do on your initial aptitude test the larger facility you go to.

No comments:

Post a Comment