Monday, February 8, 2010

What qualifications do you need to be become a credit controller?

At the moment i am a care support worker and it just isnt really me. there seem to be a few jobs around in credit control and i fancied trying out for one. I have good customer service skills and reasonable I.T skills and work well on my own or in a team. Is that enough?What qualifications do you need to be become a credit controller?
Credit Control is not for everyone but good customer service is a must. Much of it depends on the individual and how you approach the job. I ';fell'; into doing this for a small company and found it much to my advantage to introduce myself to my counterpart. In this way a bridge was built between the two companies. They also soon got to know that my word was my bond and this makes for good PR as well as good business. I never made promises but always said I would do my best and return their call with the answer.





Companies vary too when it comes to anything to do with finance. You will come up against those people who say ';there's a cheque in the post'; when you know full well there isn't. Or you may get ';I will look into it and call you back'; but never do.





If you can polish up your IT skills this is very advantageous because you will need to be able to send a Remittance Advice with either your cheque or BGC (Bank Giro Credit) via BACs system if there is one in place that is if the Company accounts are on the computer.





Being able to communicate verbally is vitally important too and since you already have good customer service skills, this is a bonus.





It may be to your advantage to go on an Accounts Course because this is just as important. Sage accounting is an excellent package and many companies have this system already in place. Find out more from your local Colleges to see what they do.





Good luck!What qualifications do you need to be become a credit controller?
At least be able to control your credit.
its not so much the qualifications its the experience, credit controller is another name for book keeper so you need experience in book keeping or accounts. - most of it is done by computers so you need to know about Sage
You pretty much have the qualifications but need to be good with maths and finance and be able to adapt to different computer systems as most companies that deal with money have specific computer systems. Good general admin skills are always helpful too.


The best thing to do is read the job specifications and see what each job whats/requires. There is no harm in applying either.

No comments:

Post a Comment