Monday, February 8, 2010

How can I control any given electric motor with a controller?

Like with an Xbox 360 controller, or the like. I know this is sort of ambitious, but any help at all would be great.How can I control any given electric motor with a controller?
Basically, you wire a speed controller in series with the motor then use the computer to control the speed controller.





Just what controller you will need will depend on the motor characteristics.





%26lt;%26gt;http://homepages.which.net/~paul.hills/S鈥?/a>





There is a lot to this and it might be wise to do some study (a lot) before commencing.How can I control any given electric motor with a controller?
I used an analog module ( current and voltage output) along with a controller:


For DC motor : 1V to 5 V output, It controls the motor from 0% to 100%.


For VFD motor, 4mA to 20mA output, It will control the motor also from 0% to 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment